Stew Lamb Recipe
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb or lamb shoulder trimmed of excess fat, cut into 1 1/2″ pieces
- 1/2 Tbsp sea salt for the lamb plus 1 tsp for stew
- 1 tsp black pepper for lamb plus 1/2 tsp for stew
- 1 large onion diced
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 1/2 lbs small yellow potatoes halved or quartered into 1″ pieces
- 4 medium carrots 10 oz, peeled and cut into 1/2″ thick pieces
- Season lamb pieces with 1/2 Tbsp salt and 1 tsp pepper, diced onion, garlic and any other seasoning you desire. Cook with a desired amount of water, stirring constantly. Allow it to cook until meat is tender.
- Add 1 Tbsp tomato paste, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/2 tsp dried thyme and 2 bay leaves. Stir in potatoes and carrots, making sure potatoes are mostly submerged in liquid. Cover and allow potatoes to become tender. Remove from heat.